“You’re off to great places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So get on your way!” ~Dr. Seuss
As an CONSULTANT for Usborne Books & More, I strive to make children life-long readers connecting them with books they LOVE! Also, 'reading time' allows for great bonding time which is my favorite!
As a TUTOR, I lesson plan to meet the needs of my clients in an effective and exciting way!
As an AUTHOR, my realistic fictional story with non-fiction components BOOK speaks to the value of FaMiLy, and making MeMoRies!
Tutoring sessions are offered on a 1-on-1 session and can also accommodate small groups, as well as Homeschoolers! I am a certified elementary teacher with 13 years of experience and graduated with a dual level LITERACY Master's Degree from Long Island University.
WHY did I make the choice to become a
“A BOOK LADY”??
Usborne Books & More's children's books are AMAZING but the real draw: I can DO what speaks to my HEART and my CRAFT of teaching. I can….
1. Help spread the love of literacy that is CRUCIAL. I know electronics, across the platform, are becoming second nature. But children need "tools" to make meaning of a text. Kids need to develop a POSITIVE & a FUN relationship with reading through engaging kids BOOKS.
2. Be a supportive bridge for parents and their children. I love working hard to put the RIGHT book into a child's hand. Parents can explore a child's mind and appreciate the ways a child absorbs and comprehends a text.
3. Give Parents extra bonding time. 'Reading time' creates intimate & memorable moments. Moments like this can turn into one of your child’s fondest memory.
4. Give children books that make them SMILE and also express other emotions;)
5. Create/Strengthen a community of Readers! Let's share our Reading Adventures and hopefully learn from one another!
Sign up to stay connected with the latest specials, sales, and events and recieve a FREE "Have You Ever Seen a Star in the Sea?" coloring sheet! ~Happy Reading! Carmella Nocco